Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

The 49ers are 5 and 1!!

Okay, so it's been a while since the 49ers have been good enough to start a season 5 and 1 - their best start since 1998!!  Now, they get a bye week and then will come back in week 8 to face the Browns, who were just beaten by the team across the bay (the Raiders) this week.  I'm thinking after week 8, we'll be at 6 and 1, and well on our way to win the division this year (knock on wood) - and that means playoffs!  Very exciting stuff.

As for the handshake, I buy that Harbaugh was just a bit "revved up" after the big win.  It's a big deal for the new niners coach to start the season this well and you always revel in winning games against the unbeaten.

I, for one, appreciate Harbaugh's excitement.  I haven't been excited about the niners in a long time.  Don't get me wrong - we have a long way to go.  I credit this season's early success to Harbaugh and the niners defense.  But defense can get tired over the course of a season, so I have hope that the offense will also improve.  Although, I'm not sure how much better Frank Gore can get?!  That guy is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment