Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jefe's Picks

Some of this is probably more of a wish-list because I'm an optimist.  That said, sometimes even optimism can't fight reality. Here we go...

World Series: The Cards (they're behind, but here they come)

Football Week 8:
 - Titans over Colts
 - Saints over Rams
 - Giants over Dolphins
 - Texans over Jaguars
 - Vikings over Panthers
 - Ravens over Cardinals
 - Lions over Broncos
 - Bills over Redskins
 - Bengals over Seahawks
 - 49ers over Browns
 - Patriots over Steelers
 - Cowboys over Eagles
 - Chargers over Chiefs

Republican Presidential Nomination: Romney

That last one will take a little longer to see if I'm right, but we'll soon see how I do on the Sports predictions.  Yahoo Sportacular App has me ranked at #5,513 out of 401,453 at the moment (that puts me within the top 1.4%) with a record of 42-17.  I had a mediocre week last week, but I predict this week will be different.

---------------------------
10/31 Update -->

Alright, so most of the results are in and thus far my overall win rate is 77%.  And if the Chargers beat the Chiefs today, that record will improve to 79%.

The Cards came from behind to win the last two of the world series, as predicted.

The 3 I lost were:
1) Saints/Rams - who would have bet on the Rams?
2) Patriots/Steelers - you have to give it to the Steelers!!
3) Cowboys/Eagles - it was a good weekend for Pennsylvania; the Cowboys got routed!

My new Sportacular ranking for the moment is 4,317 of 429,115 (now in the top 1%) with a record of 51-20.



---------------------------
11/1 Update -->

Okay, so the Chargers lost to the Chiefs due to a poor start which included 2 Rivers-thrown interceptions in the first half.  It ended up being a close game won in overtime by the Chiefs.  I hope to improve my record this next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment